Eastern High School Announcements
Monday, February 10, 2020
- There will be a callout meeting for the high school girls track team tomorrow, Tuesday, February 11th at 3:30 in the cafeteria.
- All senior boys’ basketball players and cheerleaders, please turn in your senior night bio paper to Mrs. Woodall by this Thursday, February 13.
- There will be a Sunshine Club meeting right after school tonight, Monday, February 10 in Ms. Meador’s room
- ALL FACS CLUB MEMBERS: Please check your email for our next scheduled activity, which is tomorrow, TUESDAY, February 11. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Bishir. Hopefully, you are able to participate.
- A message from the nurse – Remember if you use ibuprofen or Tylenol, you must bring in a bottle to keep in the nurse’s office. Thank you!
- The HS Boys Track & Field callout has been changed to tonight, Monday Feb. 10th after school in the cafeteria.
- On Saturday, Victoria Leeder won $500 as the Champion of the Howard County Science Fair for her research, called “Vitamin Enhanced Agglutination.” Megan Johnson won $200 and 4th place for her work on “Bionic Electricity.” Dylan Maynard won $100 and 5th place for his research, “Decomposition of LDPE,” and Evan Spell won $60 and 9th for work on the “Survival of Lactobacillus Acidophilus in Acidic Conditions.” Great job, Comets!
- Announcement 2/10-2/14: Students wishing to purchase shirts for the musical “Mary Poppins” need to have money turned in to Mrs. Evenson by this Friday. T-shirts $10, Sweatshirts $16. Also, costume rental money is due Friday, February 21.
- Several band students performed at Solo & Ensemble contest this past weekend. Congratulations to Alyssa Lett, Allie Adams, Daniel Martin, Emily Adams, Noah Kraus-Stacy, Nathan Rush, Obi Greene, Porter Stone, and Dessa Bowley for earning Gold ratings on your solos. Earning silver ratings were Cheyenne Rutherford, Alli DeYoung, and Nate King. The following students advanced to State contest: Nathan Rush, Kat Cauthern, Alyssa Lett, and Alli DeYoung. Congratulations to our band students!
- There will be no softball workouts this evening. We will have workouts on Thursday 6-8.
- The English Bowl team will meet tomorrow morning (2/11/20) in Mr. Crawford’s room.