Eastern High School Announcements
Friday, January 10, 2020
- Spanish Club, Art Club and SADD members- bring in your dessert or $5 to your sponsor by today! This is our only fundraiser for the year and we need your help!
- Spanish Club – will have our 3 King’s Day party with scavenger hunt. Food and prizes after school today. Sign up in Mrs. Larson’s room so we have enough food and prizes for everyone!
- Attention Seniors going on the Senior trip – There will be a Mandatory planning meeting on Monday, January 13 at 7:00 p.m. in Mrs. Eikenberry’s room. Bring your phone or iPad. You will be making important ride & restaurant reservations. This will be the only meeting to do this, so plan to attend the mandatory meeting on 1/13.
- Save the date! Bring a date! (Or a friend). The Purdue Varsity Glee Club and Chamber Choir will hold a concert here at Eastern with the Encore singers opening the event. The concert will be Friday, January 31 at 7:30pm. Get your tickets at booktix.comor see Mrs. Larson.
- There will be a Student Council meeting on Tuesday, January, 14 at 7:40 in Mrs. Rooze’s room to discuss the winter homecoming.
- Art Club Members, please read a very important email from Ms. Chambers and respond to her by today, friday.
- Any 8th – 11th grade girl interested in playing soccer next fall should attend a quick call-out meeting in Profe Lorenz’s room Monday, January 13th right after school.
- Today, Friday, January 10th is the last day to change schedules for 2nd semester. You must turn in a yellow change form before the end of the day!
- Last night, both the Boys and Girls Swim Teams took home victories over Lewis Cass in their first meet back in the pool after break. The boys won with a score of 112 to 54 and the girls defeated Cass with a score of 91-89.
First place finishers included: Andrew Hartman, Matt Laubenstein, Jacob Tucker, Porter Brovont, Ella Kantz, Lauryn Shane, McKenLee Morgan, Cora Kendall, and Lola Williams. The boys team also took first place in all three relays while the girls won the 200 Freestyle relay. Great job Comets! The Comets swim at home against Carroll and Elwood this Saturday at 10am. Come out and support your Comet swimmers and divers!