Eastern High School Announcements
Wednesday, January 22, 2020
- Activity Night! Come to activity night next Friday, January 24 after the basketball game. There will be a dodgeball tournament, corn hole, volleyball, music and pizza! Only $5 admission! Plan to attend!
- Save the date! Bring a date! (Or a friend). The Purdue Varsity Glee Club and Chamber Choir will hold a concert here at Eastern with the Encore singers opening the event. The concert will be Friday, January 31 at 7:30pm. Get your tickets at booktix.comor see Mrs. Larson.
- Interact Club is having a school supplies drive for children in Jamaica, and we would appreciate your help! We are collecting backpacks, notebooks, composition notebooks, crayons, markers, and scissors from January 13th to the 24th! Please bring your donations to the high school office and look for the box labeled “Interact Club Jamaica donations!” If you have any questions, contact Victoria Leeder. Thank you for your help!
- ATTN: ALL HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS: ORDER YOUR OFFICIAL EASTERN HS CLASS RING FROM HERFF JONES, today, 22 DURING THE LUNCH PERIODS AND AFTER SCHOOL FROM 3:00 TO 6:00PM IN THE MAIN LOBBY. EXTRA CLASS RING INFORMATION PACKETS ARE IN THE MAIN OFFICE.
- Dress up days for next week’s homecoming is as follows:
Thursday: Decade days Senior: 80s, Junior: 70s, Sophomore: 60s, Freshmen: 50s
Friday: Green and Gold
- Come and be a part of the Dodgeball Tournament on Activity night January 24th after the Homecoming game. Register your team of 10 players, each team must have at least 2-3 girls. Please see Mrs. Rooze by the end of the day on the 24th!!
- There will be a MANDATORY meeting today, Wednesday, January 22 regarding Letterman Jackets. You will need to stop by the Conference Room anytime between 2:30 and 3:30 p.m. so you can be sized for your jacket. The payment for your jacket will also be due at the time of sizing. If you THINK you may be earning a jacket or numerals this winter but want to verify for sure, please see Mrs. Woodall in the Athletic Department before January 22. Thank you!
- Please announce through Wed, Jan. 22: It’s time to think about spring break 2021! If you want to travel to Europe next school year, bring a parent and come get more information. There will be a meeting for a spring break 2021 trip in Mrs. Larson’s room tonight, Wednesday, Jan. 22 at 7pm. Learn about the trip and our fundraisers.
- There will be an official callout for the High School boys Track & Field team on Thursday Feb. 6th at 3:30pm. We will meet in the high school cafeteria. Official practice will start Monday Feb. 17th at 3:30pm.
- All Students going to Rome and Greece over spring break with Mr. Stites and Ms. Carpenter will have a brief meeting on Friday, Jan 24 @ 7:55 a.m. in Mr. Stites room.