The fast-moving COVID-19 virus developments have changed so much of what we come to expect in school and society. The unprecedented challenges for our students and their families are being felt in your homes and the schools’ hallways. We miss our students! Governor Holcomb has announced that all public and private Indiana schools shall remain closed until May 4, and we have adjusted accordingly.
Here is a summary:
- Teachers have provided elearning lessons for the weeks of March 16 and March 27. Please check in with your students to see that these assignments are being completed.
- During the weeks of March 30 – April 10, Eastern will observe the previously scheduled spring break. There will be no daily breakfast and lunch deliveries during this time.
- For the week after spring break, April 13-17, Eastern Howard School Corporation will remain closed. This will not be an elearning week. These five school days will be utilized as waiver days granted by Governor Holcomb.
- For the last two weeks of April (4/20-5/1), our teachers will provide eLearning assignments on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. More details will be provided in the coming week as to the specifics of this schedule.
- All Eastern Corporation property remain closed. This includes the Greentown Public Library.
Thank you for your understanding as we adjust our plans. Please stay safe, and let us know where we can help. You should expect another update next Friday, March 27, 2020.