Eastern High School Announcements
Wednesday, September 15, 2021
- This week is homecoming week! Our dress up days are as follows;
Thursday: Decade Day. This goes along with the themes for the classes. Seniors: 80s. Juniors: 50s. Sophomores: 70s. Freshmen: 2000s
Friday: Green and Gold day!
- Just a reminder to all sophomores–We will be decorating the class float this evening at 6:00 at Hunter Foland’s house. We need helping hands and creative minds. Bring a friend and be prepared to work. Those who help will be eligible to ride on the float. Also, as an added incentive, parents have donated pizza for those who help tonight! See you there!
- Attention Seniors: If you haven’t already turned in your senior bio sheet to Mrs. Woodall in the Athletic Office, please do so by Wednesday, September 22.
- Spanish Club members: We are cleaning up after Friday night’s football game, We need your help! Meet at the concession stands after the game to get your supplies. With everyone helping it will go quickly. Let Mrs. Larson or an officer know that you will be there.
- Representatives from Ball State, Saint Mary’s College, Indiana Tech, Manchester University, and Purdue University will be meeting with interested Juniors and Seniors on the following dates:
Ball State: Wednesday, September 15th – Sign up by Monday, September 13th.
Saint Mary’s College and Indiana Tech: Monday September 20th Sign up by Friday, September 17th
Manchester University and Purdue University: Thursday, September 23rd. Sign up by Wednesday, September 22nd
- There will be a Senior Class meeting Wednesday, September 22nd at 8:00 am in the café. You will be given graduation information. Please plan to attend.
- Today is the first day of Hispanic Heritage Month. This week the Spanish Club will have a trivia question for you each day this week. If you know the answer, email or give your response to Profe Michelle Larson. A random winner will have their choice of several Mexican candies. This week’s questions are all about the Mexican artist Frida Kahlo, who is represented in one of the hallway display cases. Today’s question: Frida Kahlo began her career as an artist after what significant event? Email or write down your answer and turn in to Profe Larson by noon today. A random winner will be drawn and announced in the afternoon announcements.
- The comet command competed at Westfield high School this past Saturday, printing a second place finish in class d. Congratulations to our comets, and good luck at this Saturday’s Northwestern Invitational!