Eastern High School Announcements
Friday, May 17, 2019
- Hey Seniors don’t forget to purchase your tickets today for the Senior Fling for only$20 in the High School office and then stop by Mr Hecks room and get your team signed up for the dodgeball tournament so you and your team can win some cash!
- Sunshine club will have another meeting immediately after school next Monday.
- The Student Council will have their final meeting of the year to vote for new club officers will be Tuesday, May 21st at 7:35 in Mrs. Rooze’s room, room # 123. Please plan to attend if you will be participating in Student Council next year!
- Students signed up for next year’s English 10 Honors class will NOT have a meeting tonight but will meet next week. The meeting will be in Mr. Crawford’s room, next week. Anyone signed up for next year’s English 10 Honors needs to attend the meeting next week.
- Attention: Any boys in grades 8 – 11 who are planning to play tennis in the fall…there will be a very important meeting on Tuesday, May 21st, at 3:15 in the cafeteria. You will receive the summer schedule, EHS and area summer tennis opportunities, and a tentative fall schedule. If you can’t come to the meeting and plan to play, please see Coach Anderson in the middle school guidance office.
- There will be a call out meeting for anyone wanting to play high school volleyball next fall on Friday (today) right after school in the cafeteria.
- Attention FACS Club! Our last meeting will be on Tuesday, May 28th after school to put together goodie bags for the senior cookout. Please let Mrs. Bishir or Aurora Washburn know if you can make it.
- All Advanced 2-D Art Students NEED to take their projects home this weekend.
- Ray Boomhower, author, historian, and senior editor of the Indiana Historical Society Press, will present the program Tragedy at Pad 34: Gus Grissom and the Apollo I Fire on Friday, May 17 at 7:00 p.m. at the Greentown Public Library. On Jan. 27, 1967, three American astronauts, Gus Grissom, Ed White and Roger Chaffee, participated in a supposedly safe test of the Apollo I spacecraft – they never made it out alive. This is a free program, but registration is helpful at 628.3534.
- The Papa John’s Pizza Truck will be in the north parking lot of Eastern High School on Friday, May 17 from 4:30 – 7:30. Whole pizzas can be purchased for between $12 and $16. By the slice is also available. Proceeds benefit the programming fund of the Greentown Public Library.Call the Library for special or advance orders at 765.628.3534.
- The very last FCA for this year is this coming Wednesday at 7:30 in the Library Community Room! We’ll be ending a fantastic year with a bunch of food and great friends! Hope to see you there!