Eastern High School Announcements
Friday, November 12, 2021
- This year’s Drama Club production is Father of the Bride. Shows are Friday November 12th at 7 pm and Saturday November 13th at 2 pm. Tickets are $7 and can be purchased at booktix.comor at the door. Come out to be a part of Kay’s special day and to support your talented classmates!
- There will be a SADD Club meeting after school Tuesday, November 16 until 3:45
- A representative from Purdue Polytechnic Kokomo will be meeting with Juniors and Seniors on Thursday, November 18th sign up in the Guidance Office by Wednesday, November 17th if you are interested.
- The library is a place to relax, enjoy, explore and respect. We have welcomed all students in during lunches. In the past couple of weeks, the librarians have witnessed many unacceptable behaviors such as:
- several instances of very disrespectful attitudes towards staff
- trash left on the floor and furniture
- food smashed into the carpet
- furniture deliberately damaged
- Middle school students running, yelling, throwing game pieces, etc.
- inconsideration of community members using the library
Library use is a privilege not an entitlement. Starting Monday, November 15, we are closing the library to all students during lunches. We will reopen lunchtime to students on Monday, November 29 with the expectation that all who choose to use the library will be respectful of staff, furniture, facilities, etc. Students who have been told not to return until second semester are still expected to follow those instructions.
We apologize to all students who are not behaving in this manner. We want the library to be a safe, fun place, but we will only remain open during lunchtime on the condition that negative behaviors end.